Become part of Hawaii’s conservation story
The National Tropical Botanical Garden has an immediate opening for a Full Time Controller, based in Kalaheo, HI.
This accounting professional will be responsible for the oversight of the organization’s day-to-day accounting operations and reporting activities as well as supervision of accounting staff for a complex non-profit with multiple departments and programs. As a direct report to the CFO, the ideal candidate will ensure that all of the organization’s financial information is accurate, timely, and appropriately communicated to the senior leadership. He/she will enforce internal controls, coordinate the annual audit and manage tax and grant compliance.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to NTBG’s mission
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 plus years in progressively more responsible accounting roles
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounting for investments
- Experience in non-profit accounting with a track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, foundations and other grantors is a plus
- Technology savvy with experience including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office (particularly Word & Excel), Google Drive, use of the internet as a research tool, and ability to integrate technology in teaching and learning
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data to individuals at all levels
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Financial Edge a plus
Deadline to apply: Open until filled. First review of candidates early January 2019.
Application packet must include cover letter, resume and 2 letters of recommendation.