Description of Opportunity:
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org to learn more.
The Program Coordinator will work as part of the Hawai'i Island Forest Program coordinating tasks related to one or more functional activities, such as operations support, procurement, meetings management, special events, training, volunteer programs, etc.
The Program Coordinator will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the program by implementing tactics for approved plans and completing day-to-day tasks and activities. They may be responsible for planning and execution of logistics for special events and/or meetings, purchasing, central filing, mailroom operations, facility management, telecommunications, and/or reception. They may assist with the recruitment, training, and recognition of program volunteers, and may direct the activities of volunteers. In addition, the Coordinator may perform Information Systems, Human Resources, and Finance administrative tasks, including processing forms, preparing reports and forecasts, and monitoring and preparing budgets. They will respond to inquiries about program activities, create program materials, and draft correspondence. They will be well versed in the systems and resources utilized by the team in order to execute assigned tasks. They will maintain, track and research data, produce and review reports, and perform program analysis. The Coordinator will provide guidance in satisfying administrative requirements based on extensive knowledge of policies and procedures. They will provide support and targeted training related to the functional area of the team. They will implement processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness. The Coordinator will communicate with staff in various programs across the Conservancy, as well as with donors, volunteers, vendors, and business relations. They will communicate or distribute information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow.
This includes but is not limited to:
• Provides administrative, clerical, research or project management support for team as requested.
• Provides oversight of the office reception area, office systems, facility maintenance, purchasing and maintenance of office equipment, office security, insurance and acting as main contact for building related issues.
• Coordinates human resource, finance, and information systems issues/activities to ensure compliance with Conservancy policies and practices.
• Plans and executes logistics for field trips or special events as requested.
• Monitors and coordinates the preparation of plans and budgets, schedules, purchase requests, forecasts, and reports, and ensures financial reporting and accounting is conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
• Responds to information requests from staff, partners, and the general public.
• Assists with travel arrangements and scheduling.
• Organizes and maintains equipment and supply inventory.
• Maintains and manages relations with vendors.
• Helps coordinate office and field communications.
• Develops and manages TNC’s Hawai’i Island Volunteer Program. Includes planning, recruiting, assistance in training, work tracking and reporting.
To apply please go to www.nature.org/careers and apply online with cover letter & resume to job#47090. Please explain how you meet the minimum qualifications listed. The application deadline is January 14, 2019 at Midnight EDT. If you experience technical problems with the site or application process, please contact email@example.com and include the job opening number.